About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Monday, January 5, 2015

It's Awfully Windy

Can I just tell you how much I love my job?

So, here, school has been out for two solid weeks for the Christmas and New Year holidays. Needless to say, I haven't been at work during that time. I probably would have gone, but getting arrested on a break and enter isn't really all that appealing to me.

Anyway... The second I walked into that classroom, I was attacked by tiny humans (often referred to as "children"). I'm in a weird mood. Just go with it. It was hugs and attention grabbing all around! I even got to pull recess duty! I know that doesn't sound like too much fun, but I actually like it. It gives me a chance to interact with kids that I don't normally get to see.

"Wait, why are you so... complacent?" Ok, since you asked... I've come full circle and have landed back into the hellish, and dreaded, "mixed state." I feel pretty good (most of the time), but I'm gonna tell you right now... the "voluntary Cinderella" is on strike. This started three days ago and already my room is nearing uninhabitable. Yes, I'm a girl. Yes, I'm a slob. No, I don't care.

Super quick here, I want to thank those of you who share, comment on, or simply read my posts. It is not unnoticed, and, as much as it may not seem like it, you are very much appreciated! And a big HELLO to the UK and Ireland who have joined me on my unpredictable ride!

Back on track... So basically, I love my job! Those kids are my reason for getting out of bed every morning. I've been searching for so long for something to give meaning to my life, and I have finally found it. Not sure why it took this long to realize it, tho...

It may be cheesy, but it's a great song and totally applicable.

"Wind Beneath My Wings"~ Bette Midler

2 comments:

  1. I suffer from bipolar depression and this is all new to me. I don't have many friends because of it but I'm glad I can read your blogs because I am positive it will be very insightful for me! And help me through this struggle. I look forward to reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote of confidence! I hope you can find some light in the never-ending storm. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, but in the mean time, anything I can do, I will.

      Delete