About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Med Adventures

Dear body, you suck.

So, I'm apparently sick. If you don't think losing your lunch in front of 100 kids is embarrassing, you obviously haven't done it.

Since I'm sick, I'm home. Since I'm home, I'm blogging. Since I'm blogging, I'm gonna tell you about my med adventures.

I was put on Zyprexa 10mg, but that pushed me into a deep depression on its own. The psychiatrist I was seeing told me that "it would even out when I got into a rhythm." Yeah... that didn't happen. When I told me new (and awesome) psychiatrist about that, she said the same thing I had thought; that it wouldn't even out. So, new psych cut my Zyprexa in half and added Prozac. After just two days, I felt so much better! I'm awake during the day while still able to sleep at night. It's incredible! I'm not saying that I feel "normal," but I feel a million times better than I have in weeks.

There comes a time in every mentally ill person's life where they know how medications should and shouldn't feel. You learn to trust yourself more than you trust the doctor. Never doubt your body. If it doesn't feel right, tell your doctor. If your doctor doesn't listen, find one who will.

"Doctor Jones"~ Aqua

No comments:

Post a Comment