About Me

My photo
I have found the world's best mac & cheese!

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Safety Is Underrated

I need help.

Today, four amazing girls came up to me and told me they were being bullied. These two other girls will take things, make fun, tell others to not talk to the four, coerce other kids to start bullying, and give dirty looks. These things hurt more than you could ever imagine. I would know; these are the exact same things that Brooke did to me.

When these four amazing girls came up to me, I could tell right away what they were going to say. The looks on their faces were defeated, and their eyes were tearful. They talked softly and were actually afraid to say something. I asked them if they'd talked to their teacher- they said yes. I asked if they'd talked to their parents- they said yes. I don't know what else to tell them. I learned a long time ago that adults can't stop the bullying because it ultimately all comes down to the child.

I had a really hard time keeping it together while they told me everything. It brought back so many memories. I wish I could just tell them that it'll be okay, that they're awesome, and have it make them feel better, but the fact remains, nothing I say will make these girls feel better about themselves when they've constantly got these two telling them otherwise.

It kills me to know that these four talented, beautiful, amazing girls feel bad about themselves. What kills me more is knowing that the things they hear now will stick with them for the rest of their lives.

"Safe Harbors"~  Michael McLean (I actually made this video. I apologise for any misspellings, and yes, I took the background picture.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment